The Daisy Punch sure has been a popular product since the release of the 2017-18 Catalog back in June. And why wouldn't it be especially with the coordinating stamp set and designer papers that also debuted at that time?
Here is a card I made awhile back. Every time I thought to share it, the punch would be unavailable because the supply would be out and Stampin' Up! would have to "turn off" the ability to order it. Well...it's available now (just in case you have it on your wish list).
Here are some helpful tips if you wish to recreate it.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock (base of card): 11" x 4-1/4" scored at 5-1/2"
- Basic Black Cardstock: 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" and 2" x 3-1/4" scrap for die-cutting "friend"
- Whisper White Cardstock: 2-3/4" x 8-1/2" scrap for die-cutting daisies
- Crushed Curry Cardstock: small scrap for punching flower centers
- Delightful Daisy Designer Paper (yellow flowers/green stripes sheet): 4" x 5-1/4" cut in half for the top and bottom layers
A Few Tips:
- Add 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" Basic Black piece to the folded Crumb Cake card base. Then add the designer paper pieces.
- Die-cut "friend."
- Punch out three daisy flowers. Layer two together to form the full daisy for the front of the card.
- Position this full daisy and "friend" so they fit on the front of the card. Then attach each of these pieces.
- Cut the third punched daisy in half and layer those two together to form the 1/2 full daisy for the inside of the card. Attach.
- Punch out 2 flower centers and sponge with coordinating ink. Add one to the full daisy using a Dimensional. Add the other to the inside 1/2 full daisy using SNAIL or Fast Fuse. Trim off excess.
- Add pearl accents.
If you checked out what I had to share on Tuesday, you may have read that I had gum grafting surgery recently. For those who have been asking, things are better than they were at the start of the week. The healing seems to be going as it should. I'm still eating soft and blended foods and I still have a bit of swelling, but I have more energy now. I am going to be fine, I'm sure. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
And thanks for visiting today.
Fall into Savings with Paper Pumpkin
You'll get a gorgeous, autumn-themed September kit delivered straight to your door at 50% off when you join from August 11–September 10. Sign up using promo code HALFOFF0917 at paperpumpkin.com.
- Only new month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount.
- To participate in this promotion, subscribers must join by Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95 USD/$26.95 CAD.