I'm thinking in Reds, Whites and Blues lately. :)
Today my boys and I went shopping for meal food and treats to take up to the cabin for our 4th of July weekend. One of the fun treat ideas we decided on was patriotic trail mix - nuts, raisins, and red, white & blue M&M's.
How yummy and festive will that be!? It's sweet, but a little healthy at the same time. Gotta love that!
Then we purchased some fun "milk bottles" with red and white straws coming out through the top of the cap in the $1 Spot at Target.
If I have time I thought I'd decorate them up a bit with my supplies - make them even more festive.
The most popular treat idea we came up with, though, was putting pop rocks on freshly frosted sugar cookies so we could "eat some fireworks." LOL
I found this idea on Pinterest.
So for today's Stampin' Up! project, I thought I'd share another fun Fry Box idea. done up in Red, White, and a little navy blue.
The boys had some of these fruit snack bags in the house after a baseball game one night, so I confiscated one (one less for them to damage their teeth with!) and made this "strawberry" treat box using the Fry Box die and the Color Me Irresistible Specialty paper.
- Die-cut a piece of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2” Cucumber Crush card stock using the Fry Box die and assemble using Tear & Tape. Die-cut a piece of 3" x 2-3/4" “white raindrop pattern” designer paper piece in the front panel area of the fry box. Trim this designer paper piece down a little (about 1/8” inch) on all four sides.
- Using a dauber, sponge Real Red ink onto the designer paper getting good coverage. Use a tissue to wipe off excess ink from the “raindrops” which now are to resemble the seeds of a strawberry. Attach to the front of the box.
- Stamp the medallion image from the All About Sugar stamp set with Cucumber Crush ink onto a piece of 1-1/2” square scrap of Whisper White. Then trim out using a Paper Snips or similar scissors.
- Punch out a ¾” Real Red circle. Adhere to the center of the green medallion image.
- Stamp “ENJOY!” with Night of Navy ink onto a 3/8” x 2-3/8” strip of Whisper White. Snip the left end to look like a banner. Attach this to the medallion, attach to the front of the box, and add a large circle epoxy sticker to the center of the medallion.
- Add a Welch’s Strawberry Fruit Snack pouch and give as a gift!
Have a fun and safe weekend everyone! And thanks for checking out my blog today.